Sunday 5 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0

As a kick in the bum to officially start my book blog and start my reading year off properly I've decided to join the Bout of Books 9.0

I'd never heard of this great event before, so if your a bit like me here is some information.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Time devoted to reading

I plan on trying to read for the whole week with the exception of the middle of Monday. Being that we are having a heat wave in Brisbane at the moment I can think of nothing better than sitting in air con and binge reading. I'm also currently on holidays so hopefully I'll be able to achieve my goals.


Reading goals

My goals for the week are not to crazy but they are slightly more than what I would normally read so I'm going to try and read 4 books and possible finish 2 others if I have time.

Books to read

  • Stand alone novels
          An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
          Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma
  • Continuing series
          Artemis Fowl; The Arctic Incident - Eoin Colfer
          The Hero of Ages; Mistborn Book Three - Brandon Sanderson
  • Extra just in case
         A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin 

 I'm going to try and stick to these but I have a tendency to go off topic on random reading sessions when the mood takes me.

I'll post my updates daily here and on twitter.
Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye